Too much sun, fun, food, wine and laughs.
The kids had an amazing time. We had an amazing time because other than for food, they did not need us at all. The idea was to rest, but there isn’t much sleep for the wicked when you’re living it up till the cows come home. I mean that literally. At about 4.a.m on Saturday night/morning, we were still out on the patio and we think a cow wandered by.
Or maybe a goat. Either way, I only blame the chardonnay.
I laughed so much and swam so much that everything hurts.
Quick Mini Break Notes
1. If you have unresolved issues to thrash out prior to a break, naptime in the car is pretty ideal. Be utterly uncivilised for an hour or so, get it out of your system and smoke a peace pipe over some coffee at your last pit stop.
2. Do not try to convince your dearest to shave on a mini break to the cabin. Its just plain unmanly and metrosexual to be shaving when you’re being one with nature and all. Just resign yourself to being with the homeless-looking guy and try instead to focus on his generosity in allowing you a long sleep-in.
3. Do not unleash an untrained toddler nekkid (or nood) on the quay. Chances are, he/she will pee on someone. Maybe even twice. What? We’re slow like that.
4. When at an amusement park, respect the differences in ages and interests and separate gracefully into do-able units. Imperative if you wish to preserve sanity and live in a whine-free zone.
5. If you make the mistake of donning a bikini and regret it immeasurably, then jump into the water, stay where your lovely lady lumps aren’t on full display and feel fabulous. And just enjoy ocean swimming – the tingling tautness of salt on skin, the way salt water mats curls and the tangling of feet in seaweed. Its just another dimension of delish.
6. On a warm day, there is no such thing as “just one ice-cream”. You deluded wench, you.
Now – the rest in pictures, because I’m spending the day hydrating. That means less space for words in my head.